We are committed to helping affluent Canadians manage the complex and evolving needs of their wealth. Whether you are recently retired or have a growing business, we take a holistic approach to your overall financial well-being. Our clients and their families are at the heart of everything we do, every day.
We have helped clients across a range of needs and goals that include:
If you are an executive who has spent a good part of your life building a successful career, you may be surprised at how quickly the complexity of your tax bill, investment portfolio and compensation structure has grown. To help secure a robust future to help you live on your terms, there are several important factors to consider. They include:
- Looking to the long term and how you will use your wealth down the road
- Reducing your tax bill by taking advantage of retirement, health savings, and educational savings accounts while still putting money aside for your and your family’s current and future use.
- Being realistic by planning for an early retirement. The challenges of an executive position (including business travel, long hours, and other stresses) may lead you to consider retiring earlier. Proactive wealth planning can help you explore all your options.
We can help you build a plan to address the many wealth-related questions you may have about the next step and how you can enjoy the lifestyle you have built over a successful and demanding career.
Given your commitment to the well-being of your patients and staying current with medical advancements, you may not have time to focus on your present and future wealth management needs.
The complexity of your investment and other wealth-related decisions grow with your practice. For example, you may be approached with random investment opportunities offering potentially attractive benefits. Yet, you feel they are complicated and outside your comfort zone. We can help you stay on track with wealth management strategies and investment opportunities that are in line with your risk tolerance while offering the potential for steady investment returns.
We offer practical investment and tax management insights that are relevant to your needs as a medical professional. For example, we can help you minimize your tax liability on active business income by setting up a Canadian controlled private corporation on your behalf. And we will work with you in other ways (including creating a corporate life insurance policy on your behalf) to help you make the most of deductions and credits that can save you money.
Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
We work with business owners and entrepreneurs who have spent years and even lifetimes building their business. Whether you are just starting out or have an established business, we can help you maintain your lifestyle now and throughout your retirement. Building wealth goes beyond running a strong balance sheet and showing profits each year. A key to enjoying the results of your hard work is to build wealth inside and outside your business.
We can guide you in creating:
- a succession plan to help ensure you get the return on your life investment you deserve
- a holding company, a life insurance policy, and other tools to limit your tax liability
- a well-diversified investment portfolio outside the business that can continue to generate income long after you have sold or moved on from your life as a business owner
- As fellow business owners, we understand your needs and are here to help.